Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dr. Michelle McCollin


What courses are you currently teaching and what are you most proud of about those courses?
Intro to Low Incidence Disabilities and Americans with Disabilities…
My connection and rapport with my students is my greatest accomplishment in all of my courses.

What scholarly/service projects are you working on and what are you most proud about those projects?

I am currently involved in a national sorority, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and our focus is Community Service. The project for which I am most blessed is EYES4Africa… I collect new and gently used prescription eyeglasses and readers and donate it to indigenous people in Nigeria, West Africa each year.

What student success stories can you share?
Many of the students who have graduated over the past 10 years, who have come through my hands… are still in contact with me….I have attended marriages, funerals, and baby dedications…One of my students that I had my first year at SRU is currently in a PhD program at Pitt… and has come to me over the years to assist her… prep her for interviews, review documents etc…And now she is about to graduate with her doctorate and start her academic teaching career….Amazing!

What do you do for fun during time off/school break?
For fun, I love to travel …I have traveled to 5 out of 7 continents.

What do you like best or appreciate most about Slippery Rock?

The environment and rural nature of Slippery Rock is most alluring ….I am from Brooklyn NY…and Slippery Rock is stark different from Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment